SE view of Kentish Town new chapel
South-east view of the new Chapel at Kentish Town, built with a classical style portico with pediment. Kentish Town grew up along the London road to Highgate and became more fashionable in the 18th century. More residences were established there and the parish became the home "of some good families who kept their carriages and suits of servants". Kentish Town was a hamlet in the parish of St Pancras. It did not get its own parish church until 1784, designed by architect James Wyatt.