South-east view of St Ebbe's church in the City of Oxford
Medium: Ink wash on paper
This church is dedicated to a little known Anglo-Saxon saint, the 7th-century Northumbrian abbess, Ebba of Coldingham. The nave and south doorway were Norman-era features, while the lower level of the church tower was built in the 13th century. Substantial additions to the church were made between 1814 and 1817 by William Fisher.