Trinity Hall, Cambridge
Engraver: Cartwright, J.
View of a Trinity Hall, Cambridge from the street. It was founded in 1350 by William Bateman, Bishop of Norwich. In 1742-5 the medieval Principal Court was faced with stone by James Borough. This print shows the east side of the court. It has a new entrance onto the street. The ground floor windows are circular and the rectangular upper floor windows are similar to the internal courtyard windows. The range is crowned with a pediment with a carving showing the arms of the college.