The great Hall of the Archbishop's Palace at Gillingham Kent 1785
View of the disused great hall of the Archbishop's Palace at Gillingham in Kent. After the Norman Conquest, the manor of Gillingham was given to Bishop Odo of Bayeux. The Normans rebuilt the parish church and also built an Archbishop's Palace on land bordering Grange Road in Gillingham. The drawings shows the hall was still a substantial building in 1785. However it is no longer standing.