The North View of Highbury & Canonbury Places
Engraver: Pollard & Jukes
Medium: Aquatint with etching
Highbury Place was a development of 39 houses, built by John Spiller during the period 1774-9. These exclusive townhouses were not initially successful in turning Highbury into a suburb but later developments followed in the nineteenth century. Canonbury Place was a similar Georgian development set in the lands of the former manor of Canonbury.