The east view of the old town hall of the City of Oxford
Artist: Bartlett, WP
Medium: Ink wash on paper
The medieval town hall of Oxford was pulled down in 1751 to be rebuilt . This second building was further reconstructed between 1893 and 97 by Henry T. Hare. The hall's original 14th-15th century cellar survives beneath the structure.