The Town Hall at Bath
Engraver: Gandon, J
View of the classical-style west front of the Guildhall at Bath. The Guildhall, situated in the High Street, was built between 1766 and 1775 by Thomas Baldwin. The west front had five bays, a pedimented portico and rusticated ground floor. As can be seen in the print, the parapet is decorated by stone vases, with a figure of Justice is perched on the top of the pediment. Behind the Guildhall buildings are the markets. New wings and a saucer dome were added to the hall by JM Brydon in 1891.