Trinity hospital founded by A.Bp Abbott at Guildford, Surrey
Medium: Ink wash on paper
The Abbot's hospital was founded by George Abbot, Archbishop of Canterbury, and built in 1619-22. Situated at the top of Guildford's High Street, it had space for 12 men and 8 women. The hospital is in the Jacobean style, with the great gatehouse designed similarly to that of Hampton Court and other 15th century gatehouses. This is one of the last surviving examples of the type.