The South Prospect of the Cathedral Church of Landaffe
Medium: Pencil on paper
View of the south aspect of Llandaff Cathedral in Wales. Known as the Cathedral Church of St’s Peter and Paul, Dyfrig, Teilo and Euddogwy it was built by Bishop Urban in c.1107 on the site of a 6th century Christian community. Succeeding generations made alterations and additions to the church and by the 19th century it had fallen into ruin and was in need of restoration. In 1869 J. F. Seddon and John Prichard renovated the Cathedral paying particular attention to the south west tower and spire.