The Powder Magazine, in Phoenix park
Engraver: Jukes, Francis
Medium: Aquatint with etching, coloured
View of the Powder magazine, situated in Phoenix Park, about 1 mile from Dublin in Ireland. The magazine was built in 1738 with a square fort flanked by four and a half stone bastions. The complex covered three acres of land and in the centre were built the stone store houses for the powder. Later in 1801 buildings on each side of the gate were built to house the soldiers and officers.