Views of Cambridge
Artist: Harraden, Rd.
View of Great St Mary's Church in the market place of Cambridge. It is a splendid example of a late perpendicular church and was built from around 1478 and not complete until c.1600. It was intended to be the University Church and as such it had a particularly fine interior. It was used by several well known 16th century bishops including Cramner, Latimer and Ridley. It is not known who was responsible for its design, but John Wastell ( the last master mason to work on King's College Chapel) has been suggested.