View of Gyherne Church near Wisbeach
Medium: Ink wash on paper
View of Guyhirn Old Church in Cambridgeshire, near Wisbech. This plain, rectangular chapel was built in 1660, and was intended to be a place of Puritan worship. However after the Restoration it was adopted by the Church of England as a Chapel of Ease. It was not extended or significantly altered and retains its simple architecture.