View of Tring Church and Tring Park, Hertfordshire
View of the church of St Peter and St Paul in Tring, western Hertfordshire. The oldest part of the church dates from the 13th century but it stands on the site of a much earlier church which was destroyed by fire. Pinnock’s ‘The History and Topography of Hertfordshire’, published in 1820 contains the following description of the church,
"The parish church of St Peter and St Paul, is a spacious and well proportioned structure, having a large square tower of considerable elevation at its west end. The pulpit is curiously carved, and the church contains some interesting monuments”.