View from Paddington Church to the First Bridge over the Canal
Engraver: Jeakes, J.
One of four views on the Paddington Canal by H. Milbourne and J.Jeakes. This one is a view from Paddington Parish Church overlooking the first bridge, one of a number of bridges built over the new Grand Junction canal. The Paddington to Uxbridge section of the Grand Junction Canal was first opened in 1801. It was later connected to the main Grand Junction Canal (direct canal from Midlands to London) and the Regent's Canal.