View of Scampston in Yorkshire, the Seat of Sir William St. Quintin, Bart
View of Scampston Hall which was designed by Thomas Leverton for William St. Quintin. This was to replace a house built in the early 18th century for Sir William St Quintin, third baronet. The Leverton design included complete rebuilding of the south and west fronts which were faced in fashionable stucco, and the interior was substantially altered too. The estate was also landscaped by well known garden designers Charles Bridgeman in c.1730 and Lancelot Brown in c.1771 who created a curving lawn with Palladian Bridge and extensive lawns dotted with his signature clumps of plants.