Detail from OSD 334 (Sudbury Park), showing Sudbury Hall
Draughtsman: Stephens, Henry
Medium: Pen and ink on paper
A detail from OSD Map 334, showing Sudbury Hall in Derbyshire, surveyed in 1832-33.
The county boundary of Derbyshire and Staffordshire is indicated by a red pecked line. The boundary closely follows the River Dove, to the south of Sudbury Hall. No indications of relief are given, suggesting that this is an outline plan, the midpoint between the original protraction and the finished drawing. The road network is precisely delineated. Major communication routes are coloured yellow, following military cartographic convention.