Shelfmark: Kodak Archive A.1787
'Kodak factory at Harrow, 1890s'
Kodak’s Harrow factory was in use from 1891 for emulsion-making, paper-coating and for the processing and printing of customers’ films. In this view, taken soon after its opening, female employees are seen printing negatives by sunlight in the upper gallery of Building 1.
The egg-white needed to coat albumen paper for contact printing was supplied by a flock of a hundred chickens kept on the site.
Gelatin silver print (printed later)