Artist: Grimm, Samuel Hieronymus
Medium: Pencil on paper
The church is dedicated to St Nicholas and is constructed from the local golden stone. It was built in the 14th century with the western tower being added in the early 15th century. The church was the site of a siege when in 1644, the Royalist Colonel Strangways resisted a Parliamentarian attack during the English Civil War.