Broadwey Church, roof
Artist: Grimm, Samuel Hieronymus
Medium: Ink wash on paper
The River Wey broadens out at this point as it winds its way through Dorset, hence the name of the village - although it is also known as Broadway. The little church, dedicated to St Nicholas, dates mainly from the 14th century. The front porch bears the inscription "1655" and refers to the rebuilding of much of the structure after a fire damaged it in the same year.