Bath Abbey, Font
Artist: Grimm, Samuel Hieronymus
Medium: Ink wash on paper
Abbey Church, Bath was founded in 1499 by Oliver King, Bishop of Bath. His masons were Robert and William Vertue who were also the King's masons. Bath Abbey is one of the few great late Perpendicular medieval churches to be built in their original design without being later altered. The font, of 1710 date, is decorated with an inscription and a baroque style fluting underneath. Its spire shaped cover, was donated by Thomas Bellot in 1604.