Cuckney church f.172
Artist: Grimm, Samuel Hieronymus
Medium: Ink wash on paper
The Church of St Mary has an unusually long nave dating from around 1200. Cuckney parish extends to Derbyshire and is based around the village of Cuckney, described in White's Directory of Nottinghamshire 1853 as "a neat, well-built, pleasant village on the Poulter, 5 miles south by south-west of Worksop, and 6 miles north-west of Ollerton, containing 600 souls and 1095 acres of land."