Artist: Grimm, Samuel Hieronymus
Medium: Ink wash on paper
Clumber Park was part of Sherwood Forest until 1707 when it passed to John Holles, the third Duke of Newcastle. In the mid-18th century the new first Duke of Newcastle employed the architect Stephen Wright to build a new estate. Wright landscaped the gardens and built a Greek Doric temple beside the lake, and a three-arched stone bridge and cascade.
Unfortunately, the house was pulled down in the 1930s but the park has been maintained for public enjoyment.