Chesterton Church, near Cambridge
Artist: Buckler, John Chessell
Medium: Pencil on paper
The Church of St Andrew was dedicated in 1224 but most of the existing structure dates back to the 14th and early-15th century. When Buckler made this drawing, the church interior was in quite a dilapidated state. Renovation on the building began in the 1840s and carried on until the end of that century.