Dovecot, Barn and part of the Chapel, Landwade May 16th 1848
View of a St Nicholas's Church and an old barn in Landwade, on the Suffolk/ Cambridgeshire border. This was on the manorial estate of Landwade which was owned by the Cotton family. John Chessel Buckler was involved in redesigning the old manor house which brought him to the area in April and May 1848, when he made several views here. St Nicholas's Church, the burial place of many of the Cotton family, was located very near to Landwade Hall, just outside the moat. It was built in c. 1445 for Sir Walter Cotton and remained closely linked to the family until they sold the estate in the 19th century. This stone barn lay to the east of the church and south of the moat. It is buttressed and has a two storied dovecote.