East End, Chapel, Wadham College, Oxford May 31st 1849
View of the east end of Wadham College Chapel at Oxford. This college was founded in 1610 by wealthy landowners, Nicholas and Dorothy Wadham of Merifield in Somerset. It is unusually in that all the college buildings were erected within the period 1610-13. The master masons were William & Edward Arnold. The college quadrangle was built with careful symmetry. The stained glass of the east window in the chapel is by Bernard van Linge in 1622.