Kirkby in Ashfield f.215
Artist: Grimm, Samuel Hieronymus
Medium: Ink on paper
View of cattle grazing outside the Nottinghamshire village of Kirkby-In-Ashfield, which is situated five miles south-west of Mansfield. The Duke of Portland was the principal landowner of the parish and had a large manor house there dating from 1622. The manor house can just be seen in the drawing, next to the parish church of St Wilfrid, which was mostly destroyed in a fire in 1907.