Kilkhampton Church, Cornwall f.155
Artist: Buckler, John Chessell
Medium: Pencil on paper
The Church of St James is a fine example of the perpendicular style of architecture from the 15th century. It was built on the site of an earlier church by Sir Thomas Granville or his son Roger in about 1493 and dominates the village. The Granvilles were the manorial family of Kilkhampton. They descended from Robert Fitz Hamon who came to England from Normandy with William the Conqueror and were awarded the manor of Kilkhampton in 1088.