Artist: Grimm, Samuel Hieronymus
Medium: Ink wash on paper
The oldest part of Holy Trinity church is the tower which dates back to the late 12th century. In 1466 Ralph Cromwell, Lord Treasurer of England, rebuilt the church and it was rededicated in 1480. Today it remains the most complete and unaltered Perpendicular church in Nottinghamshire.
Perpendicular is a division of English Gothic architecture covering the period c.1335 - c.1530. It is characterised by the use of upright tracery (intersecting ribwork in the upper part of a window or arch).