Landwade House, Suffolk (formerly in Cambridgeshire)
Artist: Buckler, John Chessell
Medium: Pencil on paper
Landwade Hall was the seat of the Cotton family in Cambridgeshire from about the 13th century. In 1750 they transferred to Madingley Hall and in the 19th century the Gibson family took over the house. Attached to the Hall is the beautiful 15th century Cotton chapel dedicated to St Nicholas, which contains many monuments to the manorial family. The house was badly damaged during the Second World War.