Artist: Buckler, John Chessell
Medium: Pencil on paper
Llanrwst is an ancient market town situated beside the River Conwy. The church, dedicated to the sixth-century St Crwst, originally dates back to 1170. It was rebuilt in 1470 following extensive bombardment during the War of the Roses two years previously. Later restoration took place in the 1880s.
Attached to the church is the 17th-century Gwydir Chapel containing beautiful carved panelling and memorials to the powerful Wynn family, whose ancestral home, Gwydir Castle, lies just outside the town. The chapel also contains the sarcophagus of Llywelyn the Great, the 13th-century Welsh prince who united many Welsh clans against the English crown.