Lowther, Westmorland 1817
Artist: Buckler, John Chessell
View of the landscape at Lowther in Westmorland, now part of Cumbria. The 'History, Topography and Directory of Westmorland, 1851' by Mannix & Co comments of Lowther parish: "Comprises a fertile district, three miles in length and two in breadth, bounded on the west by the river Lowther, on the north by the parish of Clifton, on the east by the parish of Morland, and on the south by those of Bampton and Shap. It comprehends the manors of Lowther, Hackthorp, Melkinthorp, and Whale, all belonging to the Earl of Lonsdale, and in 1841 contained a population of 470 souls."