Meadows on the East Side of Landwade Hall, Cambridgeshire May 23rd 1848
View of meadows on the east side of Landwade Hall in Cambridgeshire. Landwade Hall is a manor house on the border between Suffolk and Cambridgeshire, about 4 miles north of Newmarket. For centuries the manorial lords were the Cotton family. The parkland around the hall was improved when oak and chestnut trees were planted here between 1848-51. John Chessel Buckler, who was an architect as well as a topographical artist, was employed to redesign the old manor house and consequently took several views of the area in April and May 1848.