Maxstoke Castle, Gatehouse
Artist: Blore, Edward
Medium: Pencil and ink on paper
Maxstoke Castle was first held by William de Clinton, the Earl of Huntingdon and Constable of Dover, in 1346 in the reign of Edward III. The gatehouse would originally have consisted of a tower at either side, though only the remains of the one on the right can be seen in this drawing.