North Clifton church
Artist: Grimm, Samuel Hieronymus
Medium: Ink wash on paper
View of St George's Church in North Clifton. The lower part of the tower dates from around 1300, with the upper part completed around 1500. The tower is supported by diagonal buttresses and has a crenellated and pinnacled top. The church served a parish including North Clifton, South Clifton, Harby and Spalford. White's Directory of 1853 reports: "The church, dedicated to St George, stands on an eminence between North and South Clifton and was re-pewed in 1831."