'The Mill', Landwade, Cambridgeshire May 23rd 1848
View through some trees of the mill at Landwade on border between Cambridgeshire and Suffolk. In the manor of Landwade, since medieval times there were two watermills. In the 17th century a new watermill was built. It had a single storey with dormers (vertically placed windows on a sloping roof) and a central chimney. It was demolished some time between 1849 and 1884, and its is not known now where it stood in the estate. Buckler's watercolours in Add. MS. 36979 f.37 suggest it stood to the east of the stone barn and near the south western corner of the medieval moat.