Artist: Grimm, Samuel Hieronymus
Medium: Ink wash on paper
The date of the chantry-house is uncertain, but the first chantry was endowed to Southwell Minster in 1241. Upon the abolition of chantries this building became the Collegiate School. It was demolished in 1819 to make way for the new grammar school.
A chantry was an endowment paid for the maintenance of one or more priests to sing daily mass for the souls of the founders of a church.