The Ruins of the Archbishop's Palace at Otford
Artist: Williams, JM
The site of this palace is mentioned in the Domesday Book as land held by the Archbishop of Canterbury. It was redeveloped as a palace in 1348, one of a string of medieval bishop's palaces built in south-east England the 14th century. It fell into decline after the Dissolution of 1536, but the west tower survives and the remaining outbuildings are employed as the Kent Registry Office.