Tregothnan House, near Truro, Cornwall
Artist: Buckler, John Chessell
Medium: Pencil on paper
The Boscawen family (later to become the Earls of Falmouth) have had their residence at Tregothnan - from the Cornish meaning house at the head of the valley - since the early 14th century. The original two-storeyed house was destroyed during the Civil War and was rebuilt several years later in 1652. In the 1820s, the architect William Wilkins enlarged the house and it stands today much as it does in this drawing.