Artist: Grimm, Samuel Hieronymus
Medium: Ink wash on paper
The house was built around the remains of the 12th-century Augustinian priory at the beginning of the 17th century by Sir William Pope. In 1747, Sanderson Miller remodelled the chapel in the Gothic-style as seen in the centre of the house. Miller also designed the gardens adding a lake and an impressive cascade.
The estate now belongs to an American university