Westwood House, Worcestershire
Artist: Blore, Edward
Medium: Pencil and ink on paper
This fine drawing by Edward Blore is of Westwood House in Droitwich.
The site of the this splendid Jacobean mansion was formerly a nunnery, which was later given to Sir J. Packington following the dissolution of the monasteries in 1540. The centre of the building dates from 1600; the wings, which join the main building diagonally, date from 1660-1670.