The British Library is the world’s leading research library. The breadth and diversity of the collection is unequalled and our long history means we are in a unique position to support your research, regardless of its nature.
British Library remote services customer statistics
- Over 80% of the highest spending UK research & development companies use British Library commercial services
- Over 10,000 small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) use the British Library and over 75% of newly registered users are from SME’s
- 100% of the 208 public library services in the UK use our loan services
- 100% of the 148 UK universities and hundreds of international universities use our document supply services
- 50% of our customers are based outside of the United Kingdom
- Over 80% of our customers based outside of the United Kingdom are from the commercial sector
- Over 30% of our document supply customers now receive their articles electronically via Secured Electronic Delivery (SED)
Case studies - get the full story
Why is the British Library the world's leading document supplier? Click here and let our customers tell you...