Do you need documents from material published in any of the following countries?
Japan, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Korea
Almost 25% of all journals abstracted in Chemical Abstracts are published in these countries. In the last five years the demand for Oriental material has gone up by 76%.
Our collection includes:
- More than 3,000 serials from the above countries.
- Although the strength of the collection is in science, technology and medicine, the titles held cover a much wider range of subjects and interests such as business, finance, law and humanities.
Ordering Oriental material:
- Most new serial titles are selected in response to demand; hence requests are constantly monitored to ensure that the collection is up-to-date with customers’ needs.
- If a title requested is not held, the request can be forwarded to other UK libraries specialising in the particular subject.
- Even if you cannot find a title on Explore the British Library, please still send your request to us, as the publication may be a recent acquisition, or we may purchase it.
- Our staff are highly experienced at tracing Oriental material.
What’s available online from us:
- Our current serials holdings are listed on Explore the British Library.
- Listings of currently received Japanese and Chinese serial titles in romanised script are available in PDF format from the panel on the right.
If you require more information, please contact us at:
The British Library
Boston Spa, Wetherby
Tel: +44 (0)1937 546711