BLDSS - The British Library online ordering and administration system
This option is available to customers who intend to purchase over 100 documents a year.
If you intend to purchase less than this, please register for BLDSS and Pay As You Go.
The advantages in registering for a Business Account are:
- Monthly billing with itemised statements
- Loan of materials from our Remote Supply collection (Not open to Occasional users/Individuals)
- Enrolment in our free Customer Care Programme
- Choice of ordering options:
- BLDSS – search and order directly via our online interface.
- Explore the British Library - search our catalogue and order via BLDSS.
- ARTEmail -our email-based ordering system that links to BLDSS. You can send as many requests as you like in one file, but the list must be formatted correctly.
- API – Embed our service into your workflows
If your organisation is also an international academic institution you may wish to register for the International Non-Commercial Document Supply Service – INCD. This service offers customers the ability to order articles at a reduced royalty rate via the overseas academic institution they are affiliated to. You will be required to complete a Library Eligibility Questionnaire
Please note that if you wish to resell commercially any documents supplied by BLDSS, we have a legal obligation to supply details to certain parties. You will be required to sign and agree to separate Terms & Conditions.
To open a Business Account, please register by downloading and completing the Document Supply Registration form and Credit Account Application form (available in the right hand PDF panel). You will be required to visit BLDSS to set up an Online Account for use in conjunction with your Business Account.
You will receive an email confirming your registration within one working day
To find out more about the types of account available please click here