Our collection is the largest in the world devoted to the provision of remote document delivery. It covers every aspect of scientific, technical, medical and human knowledge, in many languages. We hold journals, books, conferences, reports, patents, theses, official publications, music scores and images.
21% of our collection is made up with journals from within Science and Technology areas with a further 51% covering medicine. Our most requested journals range from the British Medical Journal and Lancet to Osteoporosis International and Current Drug Targets.
- We estimate the Library owns around 98% of the physical journals traditionally taken by the pharmaceutical industry in the UK
- Over £5M per annum is spent on the Document Supply serial collection
- We hold over 296,000 International Serial Titles (over 40,000 are current)
- Over 8,500 of the journal titles we hold, are available for immediate electronic download
- By using us you can search over 2 million patents, 400,000 conference proceedings and over 18,000 Monographs
- We have complete backfiles of most major journals, meaning that as well as providing current materials, we can also deliver historical research
Find out more on our collection pages.