Almost every item on our shelves is available for loan to both commercial and non-commercial organisations around the World. The majority of items we send on loan are from our collection of over 3 million English language books, but you can also borrow other items in the collection.
The loan service is subject to certain conditions of use:
- The option to borrow items from our stock is not a right and will be removed in certain circumstances.
- We reserve the right to refuse loan applications
- The loan service is offered solely to organisations and not individuals
- Loans are charged at a per loan rate. For a full list of prices, please visit the pricing area in our Customer Help Centre.
- You accept that compensation must be paid to the BL for items damaged whilst on loan to you; if any customers write inside our books, steal sections or CDs, underline passages, tear out pages or lose, deface or damage our stock in any way, they will be liable for the full cost of replacement or repair.
- You accept also that compensation must be paid to us for items lost from the time of receipt by you until returned into BL custody.
Further resources and information
See our 'more useful content' links
For more information, please contact us at:
Tel: +44 (0)1937 546060
Fax: +44 (0)1937 546544