The guide to tracing living people is designed to help people who have lost contact with a friend, a former work colleague or a relative in the recent past and wish to try and trace them.
- Guide to tracing living people (PDF format, 81KB)
Ideas about how to approach the problem are given in the above guide, and the suggestions offered will give some indication of the information sources available, such as:
- Using telephone directories
- Using marriage and death indexes
- Using electoral registers
- Using message posting services
- Using tracing services
The guide is not intended for those compiling their family tree or tracing distant ancestors.