The British Library has a comprehensive collection of official publications from the United Kingdom, including subordinate legislation.
Update March 2010: please note that the electronic resource Butterworth's Legal Library (referred to on page 7 of this guide) is no longer available from the Library's Reading Rooms.
Subordinate or secondary legislation comprises the mass of legislation that is not an Act of Parliament.
The above guide includes details on:
- Statutory rules & order and statutory Instruments
- Other instruments of secondary legislation
- By-laws and orders of government departments
- Quasi legislation
- Draft and model orders
- Electronic versions of material
- Where the publications are held in the British Library
Social Sciences Reference Service
The British Library
96 Euston Road
Tel: +44 (0)20 7412 7894
Fax: +44 (0)20 7412 7761
E-mail: Ask the Reference Team