We can give you access to information to help you
- Start a business
- Grow your business
- Information about specific sectors
- Identify the latest information on business practice
Business & IP Centre information resources
Overall we have:
- Over 250 books in our “Small Business Help” collection covering issues such as starting up, business planning, raising finance, marketing, business documentation and guides to running a business in specific sectors.
- In addition the British Library collection holds many other publications covering issues relevant to new and growing businesses. Search by subject or for specific titles in Explore the British Library.
- Access to the COBRA (COmplete Business Reference Advisor) database, which gives detailed factsheets on starting a business in general, business skills, and how to start and run specific types of common small business..
- The Grantfinder database provides details on over 4,000 grants, loans, awards and other assistance available to UK businesses.
- Over 30 subscription databases providing access to the latest business advice, market research, company financial data, business news, business statistics and intellectual property information.
- Information sources for starting up in business: this guide details a wide range of books, journals, directories, online databases and websites providing information about starting and developing your enterprise.
- Industry Guides: we have produced over 25 guides on different industries ranging from aerospace to organic food. These list sources of business information held with the Library and link to organisations and websites providing business information.
- Explore the British Library: the main catalogue of the British Library listing nearly 57 million items. Use the "On Business open access shelves" filter to find material held within the Business & IP Centre.
- Workshops and events: The British Library and a number of partner organisations run a variety of workshops and events to help you start or grow your business
If you need help finding business and intellectual property information, please contact the Business & IP Centre team.
Business and Intellectual Property enquiries
The British Library
96 Euston Road
Tel: +44 (0)20 7412 7454
Fax: +44 (0)20 7412 7453