Bibliographies (lists of resources) about topics in the social sciences complied by our subject specialists.
Thematic and topical bibliographies combine links to information freely available on the web with details of the databases and printed sources available to Readers at the Library.
The bibliographies provide an introductory guide for people new to a topic, and they will also be of interest to those with more experience in researching these subjects. Although not exhaustive, these guides demonstrate the variety of ways in which we can support your research.
- British National Party
- Charging for health care
- Electoral reform
- Gang culture, gun and knife crime
- Gender, women and employment
- Globalisation and employment
- Industrial relations
- Legalising the drugs trade: reducing crime or increasing addiction?
- Localism and public services
- Management and business studies datasets
- Polar geopolitics
- PPP education
- Qualitative methods in social research
- Quantitative methods in social research
- Responses to terrorism
- Society and the state: does size matter?
Bibliographies and other guides on the Olympic Games and international sports events can be found on our Sport and Society website.
Social Sciences Reference Service
The British Library
96 Euston Road
Tel: +44 (0)20 7412 7894
Fax: +44 (0)20 7412 7761