What you need to know before you arrive
- The Reading Room is open Monday - Friday: 09.00 - 16.30; it is closed Saturday and Sunday
- The Boston Spa Reading Room is open to Readers over the age of 14
- You do not need to register for a Reader Pass to use the Boston Spa Reading Room, you will however be required to produced one form of photographic proof of identification from the following list:
- Photo Driving Licence
- Photo ID Card from home or your higher education institution
- A valid British Library Reader Pass
- Many items in our collection are held in store and you need to order them to the Reading Room. You can use the Library's catalogue, Explore the British Library, to search for items. Only items held on site at Boston Spa can be viewed in the Boston Spa Reading Room. These items have a 'Document Supply' shelfmark prefix.
- Our printed reference collections and the majority of our electronic resources can only be viewed in the Reading Room
- You cannot take items away with you when you leave the Boston Spa Reading Room
- If you cannot visit our Reading Rooms our Research collection is available through inter-library loan from public and institution libraries.
What you need to do when you arrive
- Sign in at Reception
- Leave your bags and coats in the lockers provided
- Do not bring food or drink in to the Reading Room; catering facilities are available in the staff restaurant and restroom
- Only bring pencils in to the Reading Room; you cannot use pens
- Only use laptops on desks 1-6.
Our Conditions of Use give full details of the conditions you will need to observe when using our Reading Room.